Table of Contents
Introduction of Namecheap Hosting Review
NameCheap was founded in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall and has now expanded and sells Namecheap hosting packages, SSL certificates, privacy protection services, everything at affordable prices. In this NameCheap Hosting Review, we will see why ranks amongst top web hosts.
What is Namecheap Hosting?
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, NameCheap has more than one thousand employees who provide their customers with low-cost domain registration, hosting, SSL certificates, and much more.
Along with this, it offers WhoisGuard to keep your personal information private, and a wide customer support knowledgebase.
Namecheap is the proud manager of over 10 million domain names and is an independent ICANN-accredited domain name registrar.
It claims to be one of the easiest to use and cheapest web host for managed WordPress hosting providers in the world.
Overview of Namecheap Hosting:
|Support||24/7 Live Chat|
|Features||Unlimited Bandwidth and Storage, Free SSL|
|Hosting Plans||Shared, WordPress, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Servers|
|Site Transfer||Free Site Transfer|
|Pricing||Starting at $2.88/month|
What are the Key Features of Namecheap Hosting?
- Control Panel
Namecheap hosting plans use cPanel which has its own benefits, including:
- Easy to use graphical interface
- File management
- Email set-up and usage
- Database management
- Backup access
- Softaculous application manager
- SSL Certificates
Most Namecheap plans do not come with SSL certificates. However, it does offer a dozen different optional SSL add-ons whose entry-level SSL plan starts at $8.88 per year.
Namecheap Hosting automatically backs-up data on their servers every three to seven days for server restoration purposes only. You can also use the Backup/Restore feature in cPanel. They also offer data recovery for free on most plans.
Security features for Namecheap are very basic:
- SSL certificates (paid)
- Premium DNS (paid)
- Virtual Private Server (paid)
- TOTP 2FA
- Website Builder
Namecheap’s site builder is a simple template-based, drag-and-drop builder, with nearly 200 templates to choose from. It is available in 45 different languages, is mobile responsive, and e-commerce capable.
What is the Namecheap Hosting Performance Analysis?
- Speed test results– Namecheap offers a 99.9% uptime for most hosting packages. But according to my Namecheap server data, it was up 99.92% of the time over the last year.
Namecheap also offers refunds for one full day of hosting per hour of additional downtime, up to a full month.
- Server response time– The server specs look good, Namecheap uses solid-state drives and a choice of datacenters. The load time was found to be under 500 ms after mid-June, 2018, with an average of 419 ms.
Last 12 Months Average Time
- January 2020 average uptime: 99.99%
- February 2020 average uptime: 100%
- March 2020 average uptime: 99.98%
- April 2020 average uptime: 99.99%
- May 2020 average uptime: 99.99%
- June 2020 average uptime: 99.98%
- July 2020 average uptime: 100%
- August 2020 average uptime: 99.99%
- September 2020 average uptime: 100%
- October 2020 average uptime: 99.99%
- November 2020 average uptime: 100%
- December 2020 average uptime: 99.99%
Pros and Cons of Namecheap Hosting
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Superb value for money managed WordPress hosting
- 1x WordPress site preinstalled
- Fast cloud servers and SSD storage
- Easy backup and restore
- Dedicated to securing personal data, including offering TOTP 2FA
- Easy Onboarding & Account Management
- Low up-time
- Mediocre speed
- Mediocre customer service and No phone support
- Cloudflare not supported on shared hosting plans
- Shared plans do not offer free SSL certificates
What are the Namecheap Hosting Plan and Price?
- Shared Hosting Plans
Here, a number of sites share a single server. They offer three plans, starting at $15.44 per year or $2.88 a month.
- Steller- 20 GB of disk space, unmetered bandwidth, access to Namecheap’s website builder, and choice of the US or UK datacenter. (You’ll have to pay $1 more for a UK datacenter.)
- Stellar Plus- unmetered SSD-accelerated disk space and unlimited websites.
- Stellar Business- being a top plan for e-commerce sites, this plan offers 50 GB of pure SSD disk space (are also PCI compliant).
2. WordPress Hosting Plans
NameCheap offers three hosting plans for WordPress, starting at under $4 a month broken down on the basis of site traffic. They also recommend you to increase your plan if you exceed your traffic limit. These plans offer:
- One-click backups
- SSL certificates
- Pre-installed WordPress
- 30-day money-back guarantee
3. Reseller Hosting Plans
It is made for people who are looking to host dozens of websites or starting their own hosting company. Namecheap offers three reseller packages based on the number of reseller accounts and disk space, starting at $16.99 a month. Plans include:
- Reseller control panel
- Security features
- WHMCS billing platform
- SSL reseller program
- White label marketing tools
- Dell PowerEdge with 24 core Xeon CPUs
- 32 GB+ RAM and RAID 10 hard drives
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 14-day money-back guarantee
4. Other Hosting Options
VPS and Dedicated Hosting- plans start at $14.88 and $78.88 per month, respectively.
Namecheap Hosting Coupons
Namecheap Hosting provides its customers beneficial and fast web hosting by offering them huge discounted Namecheap Hosting Discounts and Promo Codes. You can get an advantage by clicking on this URL- Namecheap Hosting.
Why you should host on Namecheap Hosting?
Namecheap web hosting is a decent host for people having small websites and a tight budget. The Namecheap hosting plans are designed to include maximum features which also cost less.
Despite having some cons, the company is successful in giving an amazing performance.
It is basically known for its domain management services but it is a very good budget hosting option too.
For people starting a small website, like in India, and are concerned more about price than plan limitations, NameCheap Hosting India is highly recommended.
Namecheap Hosting Support and Service
Namecheap offers 24*7 customer support which is always ready and responsive through tickets, live chat, and Support Center. But there doesn’t seem to be any support through phone, which would have been better.
FAQs on Namecheap Hosting
- Are there any hidden fees that Namecheap charges?
Namecheap does not charge any hidden fees but the prices shown on the site are introductory and increase upon renewal.
- Do they provide domain registration services?
They provide domain registration services but the customers cannot get a free domain even if they select a yearly plan unless they plan to choose a domain name with .website extension.
- Do they provide dedicated email service?
Yes, for people who don’t need a complete hosting package can choose from email hosting plans which include disk space for email and file storage along with anti-spam protection.
- What type of money-back guarantee does Namecheap provide?
Namecheap offers up to a 30-day money-back guarantee for shared and WordPress hosting plans and a 14-day money-back guarantee for reseller and VPS plans. There is no money-back guarantee for dedicated servers.
- What type of payment options do they allow?
They offer different types of plans ranging from monthly to yearly plans along with biennial and triennial plans. And a number of payment methods including major credit cards, PayPal, Bitcoin, and Dwolla.
- Where are Namecheap’s datacenters?
Namecheap’s data centers are located in the USA and the United Kingdom.
- Is CDN available?
Yes, all shared hosting plans from Namecheap come ready with the CloudFare CDN and can be enabled through the cPanel interface.